Harris backs Oz pace attack to silence critics with Ashes success
Sydney: Australian bowler Ryan Harris has backed the Australian pace attack to silence the team`s critics, who has declared them `at least a match for their James Anderson-led counterparts`.
Australia is being written off as a lost cause everywhere from social media to the back pages of the British tabloids, with a common theme being predictions of a 10-0 England whitewash of the looming back-to-back Ashes series.
Former England skipper Vaughan has led the charge in the Twitter, seizing on every Australian stumble in the lead-up.
However, Harris said that he just laughs off Vaughan`s tweets, adding that he and his teammates do not need the mockery to inspire them as his team has got enough motivation to play in the Ashes series and win back the urn.
Despite England spearhead Anderson being widely regarded as the premier quick in Test cricket, Harris threw down the gauntlet to England captain Alastair Cook and his batting line-up by saying that Australia`s pace attack is potentially more devastating than England`s.
According to Harris, after his comeback, James Pattinson has bowled well and fast during the Australia A games, with Peter Siddle doing the same.
Praising Mitchell Starc, Harris said that if Starc delivers the same performance that he did last summer, it would be a tough time for Cook and his men, adding that their attack is suited to the English conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information