Harris backs Oz pace attack to silence critics with Ashes success
Sydney: Australian bowler Ryan Harris has backed the Australian pace attack to silence the team`s critics, who has declared them `at least a match for their James Anderson-led counterparts`.
Australia is being written off as a lost cause everywhere from social media to the back pages of the British tabloids, with a common theme being predictions of a 10-0 England whitewash of the looming back-to-back Ashes series.
Former England skipper Vaughan has led the charge in the Twitter, seizing on every Australian stumble in the lead-up.
However, Harris said that he just laughs off Vaughan`s tweets, adding that he and his teammates do not need the mockery to inspire them as his team has got enough motivation to play in the Ashes series and win back the urn.
Despite England spearhead Anderson being widely regarded as the premier quick in Test cricket, Harris threw down the gauntlet to England captain Alastair Cook and his batting line-up by saying that Australia`s pace attack is potentially more devastating than England`s.
According to Harris, after his comeback, James Pattinson has bowled well and fast during the Australia A games, with Peter Siddle doing the same.
Praising Mitchell Starc, Harris said that if Starc delivers the same performance that he did last summer, it would be a tough time for Cook and his men, adding that their attack is suited to the English conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP