Harris likely to replace Pattinson in Oz squad for Bridgetown Test against Windies
Bridgetown, Barbados: Australian paceman Ryan Harris is expected replace young pace ace James Pattinson for the final fast bowler`s berth in Australian squad for the Bridgetown Test against the West Indies.
Although the wicket is regarded as the fastest and bounciest in the Caribbean, it is expected to take spin as the pitch deteriorates during the Test. So, Australia will definitely field one spinner in the game.
"Generally, in my time playing in Barbados, it`s a wicket that`s generally suited more to three fast bowlers, then your one frontline spinner and then hopefully, a couple of part-time spinners," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted captain Michael Clarke, as saying.
"I think later on in the game, spin will still play a big part, definitely in this Test match, and I think throughout the whole series,” he added.
Pattinson played in his first four Tests during the Australian season, but broke down during the Sydney Test, and was replaced by Harris.
He was ruled out of subsequent games due to a buttock injury, while Harris warmed up for the series with a strong finish for Queensland in the Sheffield Shield.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan