Harris likely to replace Pattinson in Oz squad for Bridgetown Test against Windies
Bridgetown, Barbados: Australian paceman Ryan Harris is expected replace young pace ace James Pattinson for the final fast bowler`s berth in Australian squad for the Bridgetown Test against the West Indies.
Although the wicket is regarded as the fastest and bounciest in the Caribbean, it is expected to take spin as the pitch deteriorates during the Test. So, Australia will definitely field one spinner in the game.
"Generally, in my time playing in Barbados, it`s a wicket that`s generally suited more to three fast bowlers, then your one frontline spinner and then hopefully, a couple of part-time spinners," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted captain Michael Clarke, as saying.
"I think later on in the game, spin will still play a big part, definitely in this Test match, and I think throughout the whole series,” he added.
Pattinson played in his first four Tests during the Australian season, but broke down during the Sydney Test, and was replaced by Harris.
He was ruled out of subsequent games due to a buttock injury, while Harris warmed up for the series with a strong finish for Queensland in the Sheffield Shield.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview