Harris the equal of any quick I`ve played with: Clarke
Perth: Australian skipper Michael Clarke has lavished praise on right-arm fast bowler Ryan Harris, saying that he is the equal of any quick that he has played with in the recent past.
Harris was regarded as the best bowler in the country when he wounded his hip in Cape Town in early November and has so far taken 35 wickets at 21 in his eight Tests. He took nine wickets in the Perth victory over England last summer.
“We get Ryan Harris back, who is as good a fast bowler as I have played with through my career, and he`s had a lot of success, so I`m really confident our attack, whether we go with three quicks or four quicks, can do a really good job,” The Daily Telegraph quoted Clarke, as saying.
“Ryano bowls high 140km/h and runs in hard, so like any fast bowler we would like to see him get some momentum and play for a long period of time. He`s in a good place, fit and strong at the moment, he`s bowling as good as I`ve seen in the nets and I know he is looking forward to this opportunity,” Clarke added.
Clarke also said that left-arm pacer Mitchell Starc also has a bright future playing for Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad