Harris the equal of any quick I`ve played with: Clarke
Perth: Australian skipper Michael Clarke has lavished praise on right-arm fast bowler Ryan Harris, saying that he is the equal of any quick that he has played with in the recent past.
Harris was regarded as the best bowler in the country when he wounded his hip in Cape Town in early November and has so far taken 35 wickets at 21 in his eight Tests. He took nine wickets in the Perth victory over England last summer.
“We get Ryan Harris back, who is as good a fast bowler as I have played with through my career, and he`s had a lot of success, so I`m really confident our attack, whether we go with three quicks or four quicks, can do a really good job,” The Daily Telegraph quoted Clarke, as saying.
“Ryano bowls high 140km/h and runs in hard, so like any fast bowler we would like to see him get some momentum and play for a long period of time. He`s in a good place, fit and strong at the moment, he`s bowling as good as I`ve seen in the nets and I know he is looking forward to this opportunity,” Clarke added.
Clarke also said that left-arm pacer Mitchell Starc also has a bright future playing for Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said