Harris wants to be Lehmann`s trump card for years
Sydney: Australia`s Ashes hero Ryan Harris has said that he wants to be Australian coach Darren Lehmann`s trump card for years to come and backed him to prove to be a master mentor.
According to News.com.au, former Test batsman Lehmann was elevated to unite a fractured Test unit following Mickey Arthur`s sacking on the eve of the Ashes, although he could not replicate his instant title magic with Queensland as Australia succumbed to a third consecutive Ashes series defeat.
However, Harris insisted that Lehmann galvanised a side that suffered a devastating 4-0 Test series loss to India during February and winless ICC Champions Trophy campaign in England, saying that he hoped to play under Lehmann for many more years as he is working well and has a positive way of addressing the bad days.
According to Harris, Lehmann has walked into the team like he has been there for years and is adored by all the players, even though he is still finding his feet, adding that he believes that Lehmann will rebound after being fined 3000 dollars by the ICC for his `cheating Broad` comments.
Harris, who was etched on the honour board at Lord`s with 5/72 in a second-Test recall against England, has a top five world bowling ranking after storming to 71 wickets in just 16 Tests since 2010, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding