Haryana come back strongly against Karnataka in Ranji Trophy
Rohtak: Pacer Harshal Patel snapped up a five-wicket haul as Haryana came back strongly to reduce Karnataka to 253 for nine on the second day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match here today.
Dismissed for 247 in the first innings yesterday, Haryana got back in contention with a fine bowling performance spearhead by Patel.
Overnight 18 for no loss, Karnataka made a solid start today with Mayank Aggarwal (42) and Lokesh Rahul (98) putting together 96 runs for the opening wicket.
Aggarwal was the first to depart after facing 100 balls and striking six boundaries. Rahul, on the other hand, hit nine fours in his 239-ball stay before being bowled by Patel.
Skipper and wicketkeeper Chidhambram Gautam was the only other Karnataka batsman to make a noteworthy contribution with a 109-ball 54, including six fours.
The rest of the batsmen failed to complement the trio as Haryana managed to come back strongly in the match after their own batting failure.
Patel was not just among the wickets, he was also economical, conceding merely 55 runs in his 28 overs, 10 of them being maiden.
Haryana 1st Innings: 247
Karnataka 1st Innings: 253/9 in 92 overs (Lokesh Rahul 98, Chidhambram Gautam 54, Harshal Patel 5/55).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended