Haryana come back strongly against Karnataka in Ranji Trophy
Rohtak: Pacer Harshal Patel snapped up a five-wicket haul as Haryana came back strongly to reduce Karnataka to 253 for nine on the second day of their Group A Ranji Trophy match here today.
Dismissed for 247 in the first innings yesterday, Haryana got back in contention with a fine bowling performance spearhead by Patel.
Overnight 18 for no loss, Karnataka made a solid start today with Mayank Aggarwal (42) and Lokesh Rahul (98) putting together 96 runs for the opening wicket.
Aggarwal was the first to depart after facing 100 balls and striking six boundaries. Rahul, on the other hand, hit nine fours in his 239-ball stay before being bowled by Patel.
Skipper and wicketkeeper Chidhambram Gautam was the only other Karnataka batsman to make a noteworthy contribution with a 109-ball 54, including six fours.
The rest of the batsmen failed to complement the trio as Haryana managed to come back strongly in the match after their own batting failure.
Patel was not just among the wickets, he was also economical, conceding merely 55 runs in his 28 overs, 10 of them being maiden.
Haryana 1st Innings: 247
Karnataka 1st Innings: 253/9 in 92 overs (Lokesh Rahul 98, Chidhambram Gautam 54, Harshal Patel 5/55).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation