Haryana reduced to 256 for seven on first day
New Delhi: Pradeep Sangwan and Parvinder Awana shared five wickets between them, helping Delhi reduce Haryana to 256 for seven on the opening day of their Group A Ranji Trophy Elite division match on Thursday.
For most part of the day, Haryana were in command with Sachin Rana (80), Abhimanyu Khod (68) and Sunny Singh (51) contributing with fine half-centuries each but a mini collapse just before the stumps helped Delhi gain the upperhand.
While Sangwan finished with impressive figures of three for 54, Parvinder Awana chipped in with two for 72.
From 241 for four at one stage, Haryana ended the day on 256 for seven, losing three wickets for just 15 runs.
Put into bat, Haryana, lost opener Nitin Saini (14) early but Rahul Dewan (26) along with Sunny Singh laid a good platform for the team to capitalise.
Even after Dewan was dismissed following a 42-run stand for the second wicket with Sunny, Haryana continued to build on the solid start.
Sunny, in the able company of Khod, added another 44 runs for the third wicket and put his team in control. Sunny`s dismissal also had little impact as Rana took over exactly from where the ousted batsman left. Sunny`s 85-ball 51 was studded with eight fours.
The pair of Khod and Rana frustrated the hosts as their fourth-wicket partnership yielded 126 runs even as the bowlers tried in vain.
It was Sangwan, who managed to break this stand after he bowled out Rana for a well-made 80 from 151 balls, including 11 hits to the fence.
Sangwan`s wicket triggered a collapse with three wickets falling in quick succession. Khod also failed to sustain and fell for a 164-ball 68 with seven boundaries.
Apart from Sangwan and Awana, Vikas Mishra (one for 36) and Rajat Bhatia (one for 31) claimed a wicket each for Delhi.
Haryana 1st innings: 256 for 7 (Sachin Rana 80, Abhimanyu Khod 68, Sunny Singh (51); Pradeep Sangwan 3/54, Parvinder 2/72).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read