Hat-trick of failures as Gambhir`s lean patch continues
Manchester: India discard Gautam Gambhir`s woeful form in the county circuit continued as he failed to make a significant contribution for the third time in a row during a one day game for the Yorkshire Bank Pro 40 Championship.
Gambhir made only 2 after Essex captain James Foster elected to bat at the Old Trafford ground.
The left-hander, who is fighting to make a comeback into the Indian team had scored 31 in a first-class game against Northamptonshire and 21 in a Pro-40 game against Derbyshire.
On Monday Gambhir was the first batsmen to get out after facing nine deliveries as he poked at an away-going delivery of seamer Kabir Ali which was snapped up by veteran South African Ashwell Prince in the slip cordon.
Gambhir will still get a few matches to make a mark before the Indian domestic season begins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah