Hat-trick of failures as Gambhir`s lean patch continues
Manchester: India discard Gautam Gambhir`s woeful form in the county circuit continued as he failed to make a significant contribution for the third time in a row during a one day game for the Yorkshire Bank Pro 40 Championship.
Gambhir made only 2 after Essex captain James Foster elected to bat at the Old Trafford ground.
The left-hander, who is fighting to make a comeback into the Indian team had scored 31 in a first-class game against Northamptonshire and 21 in a Pro-40 game against Derbyshire.
On Monday Gambhir was the first batsmen to get out after facing nine deliveries as he poked at an away-going delivery of seamer Kabir Ali which was snapped up by veteran South African Ashwell Prince in the slip cordon.
Gambhir will still get a few matches to make a mark before the Indian domestic season begins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...