Hat-trick of failures as Gambhir`s lean patch continues
Manchester: India discard Gautam Gambhir`s woeful form in the county circuit continued as he failed to make a significant contribution for the third time in a row during a one day game for the Yorkshire Bank Pro 40 Championship.
Gambhir made only 2 after Essex captain James Foster elected to bat at the Old Trafford ground.
The left-hander, who is fighting to make a comeback into the Indian team had scored 31 in a first-class game against Northamptonshire and 21 in a Pro-40 game against Derbyshire.
On Monday Gambhir was the first batsmen to get out after facing nine deliveries as he poked at an away-going delivery of seamer Kabir Ali which was snapped up by veteran South African Ashwell Prince in the slip cordon.
Gambhir will still get a few matches to make a mark before the Indian domestic season begins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video