Hauritz, Smith making good progress: Oz physio
Melbourne: Australian off-spinner Nathan Hauritz and all-rounder Steve Smith are making good progress following surgery in their attempts to be fit for the Test tour of Sri Lanka, team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris has said.
Hauritz had missed the recent World Cup with a shoulder injury, while Smith had an ankle surgery to remove a bone spur.
Kountouris said that both the players were going well in their rehabilitation work.
“Hauritz’s rehabilitation is progressing as expected and he will hopefully resume bowling over the next month,” the Age quoted Kountouris, as saying.
“His availability for the Sri Lankan tour will be based on how he further progresses through this rehabilitation program over the next month,” he added.
Kountouris further said that former captain Ricky Ponting is also expected to be fit despite a finger surgery.
“Ricky Ponting also had minor surgery to remove screws that were placed to stabilise his fractured left fifth finger in January,” the physiotherapist said.
“His preparation for the tour of Sri Lanka is not expected to be affected by this minor procedure,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16