Hauritz, Smith making good progress: Oz physio
Melbourne: Australian off-spinner Nathan Hauritz and all-rounder Steve Smith are making good progress following surgery in their attempts to be fit for the Test tour of Sri Lanka, team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris has said.
Hauritz had missed the recent World Cup with a shoulder injury, while Smith had an ankle surgery to remove a bone spur.
Kountouris said that both the players were going well in their rehabilitation work.
“Hauritz’s rehabilitation is progressing as expected and he will hopefully resume bowling over the next month,” the Age quoted Kountouris, as saying.
“His availability for the Sri Lankan tour will be based on how he further progresses through this rehabilitation program over the next month,” he added.
Kountouris further said that former captain Ricky Ponting is also expected to be fit despite a finger surgery.
“Ricky Ponting also had minor surgery to remove screws that were placed to stabilise his fractured left fifth finger in January,” the physiotherapist said.
“His preparation for the tour of Sri Lanka is not expected to be affected by this minor procedure,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat