Have addressed BCCI`s concerns regarding Lorgat: CSA
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) president Chris Nenzani said that his board has addressed all the issues on the appointment of Haroon Lorgat as its chief executive with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
BCCI was a major obstacle in Lorgat`s appointment as the CSA chief executive and threatened to pull out of the forthcoming series against in South Africa.
"We went to India and talked to the BCCI and they raised their concerns about Haroon. We told them that we wouldn`t undermine their concerns but that we would take decision based on the interests of CSA. We have a long history of friendship and a good relationship with the BCCI and we don`t believe this appointment will jeopardise that," Nenzani was quoted as saying by The Citizen.
BCCI and Lorgat were always at loggerheads when the South African was the chief executive of the International Cricket Council (ICC). They had clashed over the future tours programme, the decision review system as well as India`s refusal to accept the recommendations on the ICC`s governance reforms as proposed in the Woolf report.
Lorgat has also indicated that he was willing to walk that extra mile in addressing the problems.
"I`m saddened by these inferences and I did not expect such a poor relationship to have formed. We have to respect India and it`s up to me to fix up anything that needs patching," Lorgat had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena