Have addressed BCCI`s concerns regarding Lorgat: CSA
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa (CSA) president Chris Nenzani said that his board has addressed all the issues on the appointment of Haroon Lorgat as its chief executive with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
BCCI was a major obstacle in Lorgat`s appointment as the CSA chief executive and threatened to pull out of the forthcoming series against in South Africa.
"We went to India and talked to the BCCI and they raised their concerns about Haroon. We told them that we wouldn`t undermine their concerns but that we would take decision based on the interests of CSA. We have a long history of friendship and a good relationship with the BCCI and we don`t believe this appointment will jeopardise that," Nenzani was quoted as saying by The Citizen.
BCCI and Lorgat were always at loggerheads when the South African was the chief executive of the International Cricket Council (ICC). They had clashed over the future tours programme, the decision review system as well as India`s refusal to accept the recommendations on the ICC`s governance reforms as proposed in the Woolf report.
Lorgat has also indicated that he was willing to walk that extra mile in addressing the problems.
"I`m saddened by these inferences and I did not expect such a poor relationship to have formed. We have to respect India and it`s up to me to fix up anything that needs patching," Lorgat had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Separatists leaders Geelani, Mirwaiz detained ahead of proposed protest march
- Pakistan fans trolled Virat Kohli after Misbah-ul-Haq & Co dethroned India in ICC rankings
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home
- 'India can recast global narrative; needs 8-10% growth'