Have to make sure we aren`t scared to lose in India: Haddin
Melbourne: Well aware of the massive challenge that awaits them in the upcoming ODI series in India, Australian vice-captain Brad Haddin on Saturday said his team will have to guard against the fear of losing in the rubber that would decide the world number one.
"We have to adapt to the Indian conditions and make sure that we are not scared to lose. If we go with that attitude, we will be a very hard team to beat," Haddin said before boarding the flight to India today.
Australia, still smarting from the Ashes debacle earlier this year, are scheduled to play a Twenty20 match and seven ODIs in the series starting October 10 in Rajkot.
"This series is massive for us. We have the opportunity to go number one in the world and that`s important to us. India have just come off an outstanding series in winning the last ICC Cup (the Champions Trophy)," said Haddin.
"From our point of view, there is no bigger test and the desire at the end of it is not only to win the series but also become the number one one-day team in the world," he added.
Currently, India are at the top in ICC ODI team rankings with 123 points while Australia are second with 115 points. If Australia manage to beat India comprehensively, they will become the new number one team while India will retain their position at the top if they are able to win the series.
George Bailey, who will lead the Australians in the absence of an injured Michael Clarke, said he is looking forward to the challenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash