HC asks Raj Police if case is made out against Lalit Modi
Jaipur: Rajasthan High Court directed a senior police official to appear before it on Thursday and explain if a prima facie case is made out against sacked IPL commissioner Lalit Modi in the alleged fake cheque of Rs 6 crore given for Jaipur bomb blast during IPL matches in 2008.
Modi had given the cheque in Chief Minister`s Relief Fund to help the victims of May 13, 2008 Jaipur terror attack.
The order was passed by a single bench of Justice M C Sharma. The bench is hearing a petition filed by Lalit Modi to quash the FIR registered in the matter against him. Senior Advocate Amit Desai defended Modi today arguing that no prima facie case is made out whereas A K Jain, counsel for complainant, said that since investigation has not been done so far, nothing can be said from record to absolve Modi.
Following the arguments, Justice Sharma directed DCP Jos Mohan to appear in cpurt tomorrow at 2 PM and explain if any prima facie case is made out against Modi before any order is passed on the application seeking quashing up of FIR.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory