HC asks Raj Police if case is made out against Lalit Modi
Jaipur: Rajasthan High Court directed a senior police official to appear before it on Thursday and explain if a prima facie case is made out against sacked IPL commissioner Lalit Modi in the alleged fake cheque of Rs 6 crore given for Jaipur bomb blast during IPL matches in 2008.
Modi had given the cheque in Chief Minister`s Relief Fund to help the victims of May 13, 2008 Jaipur terror attack.
The order was passed by a single bench of Justice M C Sharma. The bench is hearing a petition filed by Lalit Modi to quash the FIR registered in the matter against him. Senior Advocate Amit Desai defended Modi today arguing that no prima facie case is made out whereas A K Jain, counsel for complainant, said that since investigation has not been done so far, nothing can be said from record to absolve Modi.
Following the arguments, Justice Sharma directed DCP Jos Mohan to appear in cpurt tomorrow at 2 PM and explain if any prima facie case is made out against Modi before any order is passed on the application seeking quashing up of FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday