HC directs UP to complete renovation of Green Park stadium
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday directed the Uttar Pradesh Government to complete the maintenance of Green Park stadium at Kanpur before January 10.
The order came on a petition which alleged that in spite of release of Rs 38 crore by the BCCI to the UP government for renovation and maintenance of the stadium, no work was done.
Due to this reason "no international cricket match had been organised in recent past in the stadium," the petitioner alleged.
The Lucknow bench of the court issued notices to the respondents, BCCI and UP Cricket Association, and fixed January 10 as next date of hearing.
A division bench comprising justices Umanath Singh and Virendra Kumar Dixit passed the order on a petition filed by one Satish Kumar Mishra, seeking direction for maintenance of Green Park stadium Kanpur.
The court also directed the Principal Secretary, Sports and Youth Welfare UP, to produce the statement of accounts in respect of amounts received from BCCI and the UP Government for renovation and maintenance work.
It directed the Principal Secretary and Secretary UP Cricket Association to appear before the court.
The court was told that Rs 38 crore was given by the Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) to the state government for renovation and maintenance of the stadium at Kanpur.
The petitioner alleged that despite allotment of the fund, the state government has not started the work.
A team of cricket association of Australia, which had visited the stadium recently, was said to have give ultimatum to renovate and maintain the stadium as per international standards or also the match will shift to some other state, the petitioner contended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah