HC moved for action against Srinivasan, other TNCA officials
Chennai: Madras High Court on Thursday ordered issue of notice to the state government and Tamil Nadu Cricket Association office-bearers, including its President N Srinivasan, on a petition which alleged irregularities in TNCA and sought appropriate action.
When the petition by a city-based cricket club affiliated to TNCA came up for hearing, Justice K K Sasidharan ordered notice to state government officials concerned and private notice to 25 office-bearers of TNCA returnable by June 17.
Special Pleader I S Inbadurai took notice for government.
C S Kadiresan, Honarary General Secretary of Bharath Cricket Club, in his petition alleged there were various irregularities in the running of TNCA.
He alleged that while the rules of Board of Control for Cricket in India did not permit its office-bearers to have any stake in cricket playing institutions, they were "amended" and "tailor made" to suit the needs of the TNCA chief, who is also the President of BCCI, and his company.
"...The entire affairs of the TNCA was being mismanaged and being run prejudicial to the interests of the association just for the personal advantage and gain of the fifth respondent (Srinivasan) herein as an IPL franchisee," it said.
He also observed that his club along with six other clubs had made a representation to the state government on March 27, 2012 about the "mismanagement, mal-administration and improper functioning" of the Executive Committee of the TNCA.
Listing out various instances of alleged mismanagement and misadministration by TNCA, the petition sought a direction to government officials concerned to take appropriate action against the EC members of the TNCA, on the basis of its representation.
The petition has been filed three days after Srinivasan `stepped aside` as BCCI President till the completion of investigation by a board appointed panel into IPL spot-fixing scandal in which his son-in-law and Chennai Super Kings Principal had been arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram