Heartbroken Hussey eyeing Ashes revenge against England
Sydney: Australian batsman Mike Hussey has said that he is looking forward to take revenge against England during next month’s Ashes series.
Hussey was the last man dismissed when Australia lost the fifth and deciding Ashes Test at The Oval last year, handing England a 2-1 victory.
“I still remember sitting in The Oval dressing room after being the last man dismissed basically to lose the Ashes and it was possibly the worst feeling you could ever have as a cricketer,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Hussey, as saying.
“I certainly don’t want that feeling again so I, like all the guys, will be doing everything to win the Ashes. I’ve tried to forget about it as much as I can, but it’s a pretty hard thing to forget.”
“Certainly if we get into some tough, tight situations in the Ashes series, drawing on those disappointments will hopefully give us a little bit more inspiration to win that little contest for next time,” he added.
The 35-year-old further believes that the current England team is probably one of the most improved teams going around the world.
“They’re certainly not coming here as easy beats, that’s for sure. They have a lot of belief in themselves and play with a lot of confidence and we will as well,” Hussey said.
“We know our conditions very well, it’s going to be very challenging for them to come to the different conditions of Australia. I think everyone out there is going to see possibly one of the best series ever,” he added.
The first of the five Ashes Tests will be held at The Gabba in Brisbane from November 25 to 29.
It will be followed by Tests in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.
The tour also has two Twenty20 clashes and a seven-match ODI series.