Herath takes 11 wkts as Sri Lanka thrash New Zealand in first Test
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Galle: Rangana Herath took 11 wickets as Sri Lanka defeated New Zealand in the first Test at Galle within three days to take 1-0 lead in the series.
Chasing 93 to win, the hosts reached the target in one session with debutant Dimutha Karunaratne scoring a run-a-ball 60 not out.
The Kiwi batting failed on the third day after resuming on the overnight score of 35/1. The visitors were bundled out for 118 in their second innings.
Herath finished with 6-43 and with his 5-65 in New Zealand`s first innings ending with match figures that read 11/108.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat