Herath takes 11 wkts as Sri Lanka thrash New Zealand in first Test
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Galle: Rangana Herath took 11 wickets as Sri Lanka defeated New Zealand in the first Test at Galle within three days to take 1-0 lead in the series.
Chasing 93 to win, the hosts reached the target in one session with debutant Dimutha Karunaratne scoring a run-a-ball 60 not out.
The Kiwi batting failed on the third day after resuming on the overnight score of 35/1. The visitors were bundled out for 118 in their second innings.
Herath finished with 6-43 and with his 5-65 in New Zealand`s first innings ending with match figures that read 11/108.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'