Herath takes 11 wkts as Sri Lanka thrash New Zealand in first Test
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Galle: Rangana Herath took 11 wickets as Sri Lanka defeated New Zealand in the first Test at Galle within three days to take 1-0 lead in the series.
Chasing 93 to win, the hosts reached the target in one session with debutant Dimutha Karunaratne scoring a run-a-ball 60 not out.
The Kiwi batting failed on the third day after resuming on the overnight score of 35/1. The visitors were bundled out for 118 in their second innings.
Herath finished with 6-43 and with his 5-65 in New Zealand`s first innings ending with match figures that read 11/108.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption