Herath takes 11 wkts as Sri Lanka thrash New Zealand in first Test
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Galle: Rangana Herath took 11 wickets as Sri Lanka defeated New Zealand in the first Test at Galle within three days to take 1-0 lead in the series.
Chasing 93 to win, the hosts reached the target in one session with debutant Dimutha Karunaratne scoring a run-a-ball 60 not out.
The Kiwi batting failed on the third day after resuming on the overnight score of 35/1. The visitors were bundled out for 118 in their second innings.
Herath finished with 6-43 and with his 5-65 in New Zealand`s first innings ending with match figures that read 11/108.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip