Herath takes 11 wkts as Sri Lanka thrash New Zealand in first Test
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Galle: Rangana Herath took 11 wickets as Sri Lanka defeated New Zealand in the first Test at Galle within three days to take 1-0 lead in the series.
Chasing 93 to win, the hosts reached the target in one session with debutant Dimutha Karunaratne scoring a run-a-ball 60 not out.
The Kiwi batting failed on the third day after resuming on the overnight score of 35/1. The visitors were bundled out for 118 in their second innings.
Herath finished with 6-43 and with his 5-65 in New Zealand`s first innings ending with match figures that read 11/108.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport