Hilfenhaus and Harris achieve career-best ratings
Dubai: Australian pacers Ben Hilfenhaus and Ryan Harris achieved their highest-ever bowling ratings in the ICC Test rankings after guiding their team to a thrilling three-wicket win over the West Indies in the first Test in Barbados.
Man of the Match Harris, who took three for 31 in the West Indies second innings, jumped five places to 16th in the rankings with his highest-ever ratings points of 614, the ICC said in a statement.
Hilfenhaus, who not only took four for 27 in the West Indies second innings but also scored the match-winning run, climbed three places to eighth with 751 ratings points.
In the batting rankings, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, who scored a first innings 103, has moved up three places to fifth while Darren Bravo, with 51 and 32, has attained a career-best ratings points of 695 but remains 21st in the batting rankings.
South Africa`s AB de Villiers now stands alone as the number one ranked batsman after Australia`s captain Michael Clarke dropped two ranking spots to third and his predecessor, Ricky Ponting, also fell by three spots to 19th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal