Hilfenhaus and Harris achieve career-best ratings
Dubai: Australian pacers Ben Hilfenhaus and Ryan Harris achieved their highest-ever bowling ratings in the ICC Test rankings after guiding their team to a thrilling three-wicket win over the West Indies in the first Test in Barbados.
Man of the Match Harris, who took three for 31 in the West Indies second innings, jumped five places to 16th in the rankings with his highest-ever ratings points of 614, the ICC said in a statement.
Hilfenhaus, who not only took four for 27 in the West Indies second innings but also scored the match-winning run, climbed three places to eighth with 751 ratings points.
In the batting rankings, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, who scored a first innings 103, has moved up three places to fifth while Darren Bravo, with 51 and 32, has attained a career-best ratings points of 695 but remains 21st in the batting rankings.
South Africa`s AB de Villiers now stands alone as the number one ranked batsman after Australia`s captain Michael Clarke dropped two ranking spots to third and his predecessor, Ricky Ponting, also fell by three spots to 19th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?