Hilfenhaus’ Ashes hopes hit snag after suffering yet another injury
Sydney: Australian swing bowler Ben Hilfenhaus, who was recovering from a side strain, has suffered yet another injury setback in his bid to be part of team’s Ashes campaign later this year.
Hilfenhaus, who made his return from a side strain in the Sheffield Shield draw with NSW that finished on Saturday, is out of the side`s one-day clash with a knee injury.
Hilfenhaus, who turns 30 next month, had a precautionary scan on his right knee after bowling 33 overs at Bellerive, it added.
Tasmania Tigers coach Tim Coyle said there is just a few things going on there with Hilfenhaus that they are not happy with and the doctors are certainly not happy with, adding the injury is more of a tendonitis thing that just flares up every now and then and it comes from nowhere.
Coyle said Hilfenhaus had fully recovered from the side injury the bowler suffered in the first Test against Sri Lanka, also in Hobart. Hilfenhaus finished with match figures of 4-97 against the Blues, his three second innings scalps coming as the visitors looked to chase down 171 in 25 overs, the paper added.
Hilfenhaus missed the final two Tests of the summer and Australia`s squad for the series in India beginning later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan