Hilfenhaus’ Ashes hopes hit snag after suffering yet another injury
Sydney: Australian swing bowler Ben Hilfenhaus, who was recovering from a side strain, has suffered yet another injury setback in his bid to be part of team’s Ashes campaign later this year.
Hilfenhaus, who made his return from a side strain in the Sheffield Shield draw with NSW that finished on Saturday, is out of the side`s one-day clash with a knee injury.
Hilfenhaus, who turns 30 next month, had a precautionary scan on his right knee after bowling 33 overs at Bellerive, it added.
Tasmania Tigers coach Tim Coyle said there is just a few things going on there with Hilfenhaus that they are not happy with and the doctors are certainly not happy with, adding the injury is more of a tendonitis thing that just flares up every now and then and it comes from nowhere.
Coyle said Hilfenhaus had fully recovered from the side injury the bowler suffered in the first Test against Sri Lanka, also in Hobart. Hilfenhaus finished with match figures of 4-97 against the Blues, his three second innings scalps coming as the visitors looked to chase down 171 in 25 overs, the paper added.
Hilfenhaus missed the final two Tests of the summer and Australia`s squad for the series in India beginning later this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'