Hilfenhaus become latest Aussie to join growing list of ‘injured pacemen
Sydney: Ben Hilfenhaus has become the latest Australian to join the team’s growing list of injured pacemen after he unexpectedly encountered a left-side strain. The 29-year-old, playing his first home Test, was not even able to complete four overs on day three and left the field after a short discussion with captain Michael Clarke, post delivering just two balls of his 13th over at Hobart.
Hilfenhaus jogged off the field two balls into the ninth over on Sunday morning. He subsequently left Bellerive Oval for scans on the injury, the Sydney Morning Herald reports. According to the paper, a CA spokesman said the scans would "give further clarity on the injury". "Hilfenhaus has some sort of left side injury which is being investigated," the spokesman said.
The absence of Hilfenhaus has - barring a sudden recovery - left Australia with the problem about being left a bowler short from its first bowling innings for the second time in three Tests, after James Pattinson strained his side against South Africa in Adelaide, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September