Hilfenhaus become latest Aussie to join growing list of ‘injured pacemen
Sydney: Ben Hilfenhaus has become the latest Australian to join the team’s growing list of injured pacemen after he unexpectedly encountered a left-side strain. The 29-year-old, playing his first home Test, was not even able to complete four overs on day three and left the field after a short discussion with captain Michael Clarke, post delivering just two balls of his 13th over at Hobart.
Hilfenhaus jogged off the field two balls into the ninth over on Sunday morning. He subsequently left Bellerive Oval for scans on the injury, the Sydney Morning Herald reports. According to the paper, a CA spokesman said the scans would "give further clarity on the injury". "Hilfenhaus has some sort of left side injury which is being investigated," the spokesman said.
The absence of Hilfenhaus has - barring a sudden recovery - left Australia with the problem about being left a bowler short from its first bowling innings for the second time in three Tests, after James Pattinson strained his side against South Africa in Adelaide, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neeraj Chopra sets new U20 Javelin WORLD RECORD in Poland – WATCH VIDEO
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli