Hilfenhaus in Australia squad for injured Lee
Melbourne: Test seamer Ben Hilfenhaus has been brought into Austalia`s one-day squad to replace injured paceman Brett Lee, who was ruled out of the triangular series with a broken toe, the team said on Monday.
Hilfenhaus would act as injury cover for Friday`s match against Sri Lanka in Perth, chairman of selectors John Inverarity said in a statement.
"The bowling attack for Perth is likely to be the same as the one that did so well in Melbourne and Ben will be in Perth to provide cover," Inverarity said.
Australia won the first one-day international of the triangular series, beating India by 65 runs in a rain-shortened match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday.
Lee was ruled out for up to six weeks when he was struck on the right foot while bowling in Australia`s Twenty20 international against India in Melbourne last Friday.
India will face Sri Lanka in the second match of the series in Perth on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray