Hilfenhaus recalled for Hobart Test against Sri Lanka
Sydney: The Australian selectors will recall swing bowler Ben Hilfenhaus for the first Test match against Sri Lanka in Hobart. While Hilfenhaus has hardly taken a wicket of note this summer, his accuracy and economy will win him a place for the first Test against Sri Lanka, beginning at Blundstone Arena on Friday, the Herald Sun reports.
This means that Mitchell Johnson, the best bowler during the last Test against South Africa at the WACA Ground, is likely to pay the price for an extravagant attack and be named 12th man. Johnson, Mitchell Starc and now injured debutant John Hastings may have bowled South Africa out for 225 on the opening day, but it was the 206 South Africa scored during the last session of the second day which broke the game open and remains front of mind with the selectors, the paper said.
South Africa went on to make 569 in its second innings at better than five an over, setting up a 309-run victory to claim the series and retain the No.1 Test ranking, and this has left the selectors with a reluctance to play both Starc and Johnson in the same side, it reported. Being a new ball bowler also helped Hilfenhaus’ case of making into the playing eleven against Sri Lanka, the paper concluded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India