Hitting the nets big achievement for me, says Yuvraj
Bangalore: Rehabilitating at the National Cricket Academy (NCA), Yuvraj Singh on Tuesday said that hitting the nets after being treated for cancer is a "big achievement" for him and he is hoping for things to get better with each passing day.
"It`s a big achievement for me hitting the nets. I felt happy, really good to be in the nets," Yuvraj, recovering from treatment for cancer, said after a training session.
According to Yuvraj, it was not a "bad" session for him considering the six-month layoff.
"And it was not a bad session, for the first time after about six months. I got tired after about 15 minutes but I am sure every day will be a better day," he told reporters.
Hoping to make a comeback to international cricket with the Twenty20 World Cup in September, Yuvraj on Monday batted for the first time after undergoing chemotherapy in the US for a rare germ cell cancer earlier this year.
"I am right now in the second week of rehabilitation and I am feeling good. My body will slowly become stronger, I am sure," he had said on Monday.
"The target is the T20 World Cup, and hopefully, I will be able to come just before that," reiterated the 30-year-old left-hander, who has not appeared in any form of the game since last November when he was diagnosed with the disease.
He returned to India in April to continue his rehabilitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's fruits and vegetables lack essential nutrients: AIIMS study
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Monsanto jumps 7% on withdrawal of Bt cotton notification
- Rajnath Singh vows to bring Dawood Ibrahim back to India, adds no threat from Islamic State
- Three injured in girder collapse at Rapid Metro under-construction site in Gurgaon
- Rio medal winners to be considered for Khel Ratna, Arjuna
- 'Unscrupulous' Arvind Kejriwal can do anything for personal gains: Prashant Bhushan