Hitting the nets big achievement for me, says Yuvraj
Bangalore: Rehabilitating at the National Cricket Academy (NCA), Yuvraj Singh on Tuesday said that hitting the nets after being treated for cancer is a "big achievement" for him and he is hoping for things to get better with each passing day.
"It`s a big achievement for me hitting the nets. I felt happy, really good to be in the nets," Yuvraj, recovering from treatment for cancer, said after a training session.
According to Yuvraj, it was not a "bad" session for him considering the six-month layoff.
"And it was not a bad session, for the first time after about six months. I got tired after about 15 minutes but I am sure every day will be a better day," he told reporters.
Hoping to make a comeback to international cricket with the Twenty20 World Cup in September, Yuvraj on Monday batted for the first time after undergoing chemotherapy in the US for a rare germ cell cancer earlier this year.
"I am right now in the second week of rehabilitation and I am feeling good. My body will slowly become stronger, I am sure," he had said on Monday.
"The target is the T20 World Cup, and hopefully, I will be able to come just before that," reiterated the 30-year-old left-hander, who has not appeared in any form of the game since last November when he was diagnosed with the disease.
He returned to India in April to continue his rehabilitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information