Hogg aims to play till at least 2016
Sydney: Veteran Australian left-arm spinner Brad Hogg has said he wants to play for the coming three to four years and to be a part of the Australian Twenty20 squad for the Twenty20 World Cup.
Hogg was recalled in the Australian squad for the two Twenty20 matches against India after performing tremendously for his Big Bash team Perth Scorchers.
“To get selected after what`s happened with the Perth Scorchers has been fantastic. I`ve got a lot of pride in myself and I want to make sure I do what I did three-and-a-half years ago - and that was work hard and do my best out on the field,” The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Hogg, as saying.
“Hopefully, I can get two or three more years out of it. Life`s all about opportunities and this opportunity won`t come again,” he added.
Now, he hopes to give his best for the Australian team and help them prepare for the T20 World Cup. “I’m not here for anything other than helping Australia prepare for a T20 World Cup,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her