Hold Cronje type enquiry into IPL fixing scam: Kirmani
Bangalore: Former India wicket-keeper Syed Kirmani on Friday called on the BCCI to hold a thorough enquiry into the IPL spot-fixing scandal as was done in the case of Hansie Cronje match-fixing scam.
"The entire camera was on Hansie. He was asked you tell us whether you have taken it or not and he accepted it. Those who accept their follies and repent are great gentlemen. You see, that`s how the enquiry should be (and only) then the public will (realise the truth)," he told reporters here.
Kirmani, who was awarded the best wicket-keeper in the 1983 World Cup, said a transparent enquiry was not conducted into the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
"Has anyone, who has been accused of the crime (betting or spot-fixing), questioned on camera? Has anybody involved been interviewed? No not yet. So where is the transparency?" he questioned.
Nevertheless, Kirmani was all praise for N Srinivasan, who was on Friday forced to drop his desperate bid to reinstate himself as BCCI President, after the under-fire Board called off its Working Committee meeting here, fearing legal trouble in the wake of an adverse Bombay High Court order.
"I don`t take it as a controversy. He is a great administrator and has done yeomen service to cricket and cricketers," he said.
"Players are least bothered about messy affairs in BCCI. We are only interested in cricket`s progress and players welfare," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu speaks about husband Karan Singh Grover’s previous marriages - Click here to read
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell's injury badly hurt Kolkata Knight Riders' chances of winning third title
- Revealed! Samsung to launch Galaxy C5, Galaxy C7 today; pics leaked ahead of launch
- Gujarat Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Market extends gains: Sensex zooms over 500 points; Nifty recaptures 8,000-mark