Holland says elevation as Oz Test contender will not be a burden
Melbourne: Victoria’s Jon Holland has said his elevation this week to legitimate Test contender will be a boost and not a burden.
The 25-year-old’s anointing as one of Australia’s top two spinners by chief selector John Inverarity made him a sought-after figure at Cricket Victoria’s season launch.
Holland said he was encouraged by Inverarity’s public declaration of his bolstered standing among Australia’s spin bowlers.
“It’s always good for them to recognise that you`re a chance to play for Australia. It`s quite a confidence boost that they`re looking at you and (think) you`re performing well enough to get the call-up. It`s nice to know you`re in the mix. If it does happen, hopefully I can handle it pretty well and I can be pretty confident when I get the chance to bowl,” a leading Australian daily quoted him, as saying.
The key to Holland`s rise was his performance on the Australia A tour of England during winter.
Holland insisted that shoulder-reconstruction surgery was no longer hindering him while bowling or in the field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you