Holland says elevation as Oz Test contender will not be a burden
Melbourne: Victoria’s Jon Holland has said his elevation this week to legitimate Test contender will be a boost and not a burden.
The 25-year-old’s anointing as one of Australia’s top two spinners by chief selector John Inverarity made him a sought-after figure at Cricket Victoria’s season launch.
Holland said he was encouraged by Inverarity’s public declaration of his bolstered standing among Australia’s spin bowlers.
“It’s always good for them to recognise that you`re a chance to play for Australia. It`s quite a confidence boost that they`re looking at you and (think) you`re performing well enough to get the call-up. It`s nice to know you`re in the mix. If it does happen, hopefully I can handle it pretty well and I can be pretty confident when I get the chance to bowl,” a leading Australian daily quoted him, as saying.
The key to Holland`s rise was his performance on the Australia A tour of England during winter.
Holland insisted that shoulder-reconstruction surgery was no longer hindering him while bowling or in the field.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living