Hoping for judiciary to make right decision: Chavan
New Delhi: Released on bail after spending 27 days in jail, cricketer Ankeet Chavan, who was arrested for alleged involvement in the IPL spot-fixing scandal, on Wednesday hoped he would not be denied justice by the judiciary.
"I am just hoping for the judiciary to make the right decision," Chavan said.
Rajasthan Royals cricketers Chavan and S Sreesanth were yesterday released from Tihar jail along with 17 other accused.
All of them were granted bail by a Delhi court. The court had also censured Delhi police for slapping MCOCA on the cricketers and other accused.
The 27-year-old Chavan, an off-spinner, was naturally relieved to have walked out of jail.
"I am thankful to the judiciary. I am happy and thankful to my family and all my friends who stood by me in tough times," he said.
The two cricketers, along with another Rajasthan Royals teammate Ajit Chandila, were arrested on May 16 along with 11 bookies.
The Delhi police charged them under the Indian Penal Code Section 420 and 120B, which deal with fraud, cheating and criminal conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!