Hoping for positive result from judiciary: Chavan
Mumbai: Rajasthan Royals cricketer Ankeet Chavan, who is out on bail after being arrested for alleged involvement in the IPL spot-fixing scandal, today said he is hoping to get a "positive" verdict from the judiciary to restart his cricketing career.
The 27-year-old Rajasthan Royals player refused to comment on the case against him.
"I have always given my 100 per cent, always played my cricket with passion. I just hope that I get a positive result from the judiciary so that I can start my career and my cricket again," he told reporters here.
"I would just like to say, the matter is subjudice, I really don`t want to comment on it," he added.
Chavan and his Rajasthan teammate, India Test pacer S Sreesanth, were released from Tihar jail on Tuesday along with 17 other accused. All of them were granted bail by a Delhi court.
"I would like to thank the judiciary for giving me bail. I would also like to thank my lawyer, he has really worked a lot for me. Secondly my family and friends, they have supported me a lot," said a relieved Chavan.
Chavan was earlier released on bail in the first week of this month to get married to his longtime friend Neha Sambari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan