Hoping for positive result from judiciary: Chavan
Mumbai: Rajasthan Royals cricketer Ankeet Chavan, who is out on bail after being arrested for alleged involvement in the IPL spot-fixing scandal, today said he is hoping to get a "positive" verdict from the judiciary to restart his cricketing career.
The 27-year-old Rajasthan Royals player refused to comment on the case against him.
"I have always given my 100 per cent, always played my cricket with passion. I just hope that I get a positive result from the judiciary so that I can start my career and my cricket again," he told reporters here.
"I would just like to say, the matter is subjudice, I really don`t want to comment on it," he added.
Chavan and his Rajasthan teammate, India Test pacer S Sreesanth, were released from Tihar jail on Tuesday along with 17 other accused. All of them were granted bail by a Delhi court.
"I would like to thank the judiciary for giving me bail. I would also like to thank my lawyer, he has really worked a lot for me. Secondly my family and friends, they have supported me a lot," said a relieved Chavan.
Chavan was earlier released on bail in the first week of this month to get married to his longtime friend Neha Sambari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India