How`s 465-7 in 50 overs for a ODI score?
Sydney: The New South Wales domestic team made one of the highest scores ever recorded in a 50-over match, when they smashed 465 runs against Western Australia on Wednesday.
According to news.com.au, in the second of their pre-season matches at Allan Border Oval in Brisbane, the Blues finished their innings on 7-465, with left-hander Ben Rohrer belting 108 runs off just 66 balls, and getting good support from wicketkeeper Ryan Carters (91 off 70), all-rounder Moises Henriques (87 off 55) and young gun Nic Maddinson (76 off 48).
The Warriors, who were severely weakened due to Perth Scorchers being in India for the Champions League T20, just missed out by a casual 252 runs, bowled out for 213 in the 40th over with veteran bowler Doug Bollinger the chief destroyer, the report said.
It also eclipsed Australia`s highest ODI total of 4-434, which was famously not enough to beat South Africa in Johannesburg as Herschelle Gibbs led the home side to a memorable one-wicket win, the report added.
However, the record for the best total in a domestic one-dayer remains untouched, with Surrey `s unfathomable 4-496 against Gloucester at the Oval sure to reign at the top of the charts for a long while yet, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested