How`s 465-7 in 50 overs for a ODI score?
Sydney: The New South Wales domestic team made one of the highest scores ever recorded in a 50-over match, when they smashed 465 runs against Western Australia on Wednesday.
According to news.com.au, in the second of their pre-season matches at Allan Border Oval in Brisbane, the Blues finished their innings on 7-465, with left-hander Ben Rohrer belting 108 runs off just 66 balls, and getting good support from wicketkeeper Ryan Carters (91 off 70), all-rounder Moises Henriques (87 off 55) and young gun Nic Maddinson (76 off 48).
The Warriors, who were severely weakened due to Perth Scorchers being in India for the Champions League T20, just missed out by a casual 252 runs, bowled out for 213 in the 40th over with veteran bowler Doug Bollinger the chief destroyer, the report said.
It also eclipsed Australia`s highest ODI total of 4-434, which was famously not enough to beat South Africa in Johannesburg as Herschelle Gibbs led the home side to a memorable one-wicket win, the report added.
However, the record for the best total in a domestic one-dayer remains untouched, with Surrey `s unfathomable 4-496 against Gloucester at the Oval sure to reign at the top of the charts for a long while yet, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon