HPCA announces squad for Ranji trophy
Dharamsala: Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association on Tuesday announced a 17-member squad, led by pacer Rishi Dhawan, for their Ranji Trophy group C match against Assam starting here from Wednesday.
HP, who lost their last match to Hyderabad here, are leading their group with 16 points. They have won two matches and drawn one besides a loss against Hyderabad last week. The state association also selected 17 players for Under-19 Cooch Behar Elite Group match between HPCA and Maharashtra to be held from December 1 at Bilaspur.
Meanwhile, five Himachal girls were among the 15-member North Zone squad for Women`s Inter Zonal One Day cricket tournament to be held from November 28 at Guwahati.
Himachal`s Sushmita Negi will lead the squad.
Ranji Team: Varun Sharma, Sangram Singh, Vishal Bhatia, Manik Mohil, Paras Dogra, Gurvinder Singh, Pankaj Jaswal, Prashant Chopra, Rishi Dhawan (Captain), Vikramjeet Malik, Bipul Sharma, Ankush Bains, Akshay Chauhan, Amit Kumar, Nikhil Gangta, Waqar Ahmed, Nikhil Gangta and Karanveer Singh.
U-19 squad: Vinay Kashyap, Mayank Dagar, Arjun Sharma, Abhishek Dadwal, Ekant Sen, Ravi Yadav, Shiva Minhas, Karan Dhiman, Rupam Sabarwal, Gaurav Kumar, Chahat Malhotra, Shivam Puri, Puneet Saini, Priyanshu Khanduri, Jashodhan, Nitin Sharma, Karan Panta.
Himachal women in North Zone team: Sushmita Negi, Kashish Verma, Neha Chauhan, Tanuja Kanwar and Harleen Kaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts