Hughes opts out of Big Bash to focus on Test career
Melbourne: Australia`s beleaguered Test opener Phil Hughes has opted out of the Big Bash Twenty20 league with Sydney Thunder to concentrate on his technique.
The 23-year-old is going through a terrible form and has been out 21 times caught behind the wicket in 31 dismissals in Test cricket. He was dismissed in similar fashion on four occasions in the recent series against New Zealand.
Cricket Australia (CA) performance manager Pat Howard said 17-Test opener Hughes would concentrate on the longer form of the game.
"Phillip Hughes has taken a decision in the interests of his personal development, to focus on the long-form of the game. Phillip, in close consultation with CA and Sydney Thunder, has decided not to compete with the Thunder this season," said Howard in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Two dead, including one suspect, in Houston shooting: Police
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today