Hughes snapped up by Twenty20 Big Bash team Sydney Thunder
Sydney: Sydney Thunder, a franchise in Australia’s newly-announced Twenty20 competition the Big Bash League, has confirmed the signing of opening batsman Phillip Hughes.
Hughes will now join David Warner, Chris Gayle, Fidel Edwards, Doug Bollinger and Usman Khawaja in what shapes as a formidable squad.
Sydney Thunder general manager John Dyson said that securing Hughes` services was a real coup for the club, particularly given his recent form spike.
“Go back a couple of years, when New South Wales won the Champions League and he played an enormous part in helping them win that title. He’s back in form, he got a hundred the other day for Australia A in Zimbabwe and I think he’s just getting better,” a website quoted Dyson, as saying.
“He’s unconventional – he’s not your traditional opener, but a terrfic batsman,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?