Hughes snapped up by Twenty20 Big Bash team Sydney Thunder
Sydney: Sydney Thunder, a franchise in Australia’s newly-announced Twenty20 competition the Big Bash League, has confirmed the signing of opening batsman Phillip Hughes.
Hughes will now join David Warner, Chris Gayle, Fidel Edwards, Doug Bollinger and Usman Khawaja in what shapes as a formidable squad.
Sydney Thunder general manager John Dyson said that securing Hughes` services was a real coup for the club, particularly given his recent form spike.
“Go back a couple of years, when New South Wales won the Champions League and he played an enormous part in helping them win that title. He’s back in form, he got a hundred the other day for Australia A in Zimbabwe and I think he’s just getting better,” a website quoted Dyson, as saying.
“He’s unconventional – he’s not your traditional opener, but a terrfic batsman,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH