Hughes snapped up by Twenty20 Big Bash team Sydney Thunder
Sydney: Sydney Thunder, a franchise in Australia’s newly-announced Twenty20 competition the Big Bash League, has confirmed the signing of opening batsman Phillip Hughes.
Hughes will now join David Warner, Chris Gayle, Fidel Edwards, Doug Bollinger and Usman Khawaja in what shapes as a formidable squad.
Sydney Thunder general manager John Dyson said that securing Hughes` services was a real coup for the club, particularly given his recent form spike.
“Go back a couple of years, when New South Wales won the Champions League and he played an enormous part in helping them win that title. He’s back in form, he got a hundred the other day for Australia A in Zimbabwe and I think he’s just getting better,” a website quoted Dyson, as saying.
“He’s unconventional – he’s not your traditional opener, but a terrfic batsman,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders