Hughes snapped up by Twenty20 Big Bash team Sydney Thunder
Sydney: Sydney Thunder, a franchise in Australia’s newly-announced Twenty20 competition the Big Bash League, has confirmed the signing of opening batsman Phillip Hughes.
Hughes will now join David Warner, Chris Gayle, Fidel Edwards, Doug Bollinger and Usman Khawaja in what shapes as a formidable squad.
Sydney Thunder general manager John Dyson said that securing Hughes` services was a real coup for the club, particularly given his recent form spike.
“Go back a couple of years, when New South Wales won the Champions League and he played an enormous part in helping them win that title. He’s back in form, he got a hundred the other day for Australia A in Zimbabwe and I think he’s just getting better,” a website quoted Dyson, as saying.
“He’s unconventional – he’s not your traditional opener, but a terrfic batsman,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state