Hughes snapped up by Twenty20 Big Bash team Sydney Thunder
Sydney: Sydney Thunder, a franchise in Australia’s newly-announced Twenty20 competition the Big Bash League, has confirmed the signing of opening batsman Phillip Hughes.
Hughes will now join David Warner, Chris Gayle, Fidel Edwards, Doug Bollinger and Usman Khawaja in what shapes as a formidable squad.
Sydney Thunder general manager John Dyson said that securing Hughes` services was a real coup for the club, particularly given his recent form spike.
“Go back a couple of years, when New South Wales won the Champions League and he played an enormous part in helping them win that title. He’s back in form, he got a hundred the other day for Australia A in Zimbabwe and I think he’s just getting better,” a website quoted Dyson, as saying.
“He’s unconventional – he’s not your traditional opener, but a terrfic batsman,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?