Hughes steeling to battle spin attack from England`s Swann
Sydney: Phillip Hughes is reportedly preparing himself for battling England bowler Graeme Swann after going a long way towards saving his Test spot in Australia`s tour match win over Somerset.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Hughes, last seen struggling against spin in India, excelled with two half-centuries in the county game and his comfort at No.4 and 5 suggested that he could overcome his previous difficulties in English conditions by batting in the middle order.
However, the report said that a probable middle order spot may put him against spin, adding that a dry summer means that the English are likely to prepare wickets to suit Swann, who loves bowling to left-handers.
However, Hughes said that he had been practicing hard on a method to combat spin and intended to tap into the knowledge of new coach Darren Lehmann, who was one of the world`s most inventive players of spin bowling and dominated the form through his whole career.
According to Hughes, the ball turned a little during the Champions Trophy in dry and reversed conditions, adding that it had also turned during the recent county games so it was necessary for him to work behind the scenes to face the spinning ball.
Hughes made 76 not out and 50 in the warm-up match against at Tauton, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics