‘Hungry’ Steyn promises batsmen prolonged terror after joining 300 Test wickets club
Johannesburg: South Africa fast bowler Dale Steyn has said he wants to take more wickets in Test cricket after joining the 300 Test wickets club during the first Test match against New Zealand in Cape Town.
Steyn said he was aware of the significance of the landmark but he hoped there was more to come, Sport24 reports.
Steyn believes he has lot more to offer to the South African cricket, and expressed hope he can play on for few more years.
Steyn, who has held the top spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test bowler rankings for more than three years, became the 25th man to take 300 wickets in Tests.
Only Dennis Lillee (56) and Muttiah Muralitharan (58) achieved the mark in fewer than Steyn`s 61 Test matches. Steyn was the fourth South African to reach 300 after Shaun Pollock (421), Makhaya Ntini (390) and Allan Donald (330).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations