‘Hungry’ Steyn promises batsmen prolonged terror after joining 300 Test wickets club
Johannesburg: South Africa fast bowler Dale Steyn has said he wants to take more wickets in Test cricket after joining the 300 Test wickets club during the first Test match against New Zealand in Cape Town.
Steyn said he was aware of the significance of the landmark but he hoped there was more to come, Sport24 reports.
Steyn believes he has lot more to offer to the South African cricket, and expressed hope he can play on for few more years.
Steyn, who has held the top spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test bowler rankings for more than three years, became the 25th man to take 300 wickets in Tests.
Only Dennis Lillee (56) and Muttiah Muralitharan (58) achieved the mark in fewer than Steyn`s 61 Test matches. Steyn was the fourth South African to reach 300 after Shaun Pollock (421), Makhaya Ntini (390) and Allan Donald (330).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees