‘Hungry’ Steyn promises batsmen prolonged terror after joining 300 Test wickets club
Johannesburg: South Africa fast bowler Dale Steyn has said he wants to take more wickets in Test cricket after joining the 300 Test wickets club during the first Test match against New Zealand in Cape Town.
Steyn said he was aware of the significance of the landmark but he hoped there was more to come, Sport24 reports.
Steyn believes he has lot more to offer to the South African cricket, and expressed hope he can play on for few more years.
Steyn, who has held the top spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test bowler rankings for more than three years, became the 25th man to take 300 wickets in Tests.
Only Dennis Lillee (56) and Muttiah Muralitharan (58) achieved the mark in fewer than Steyn`s 61 Test matches. Steyn was the fourth South African to reach 300 after Shaun Pollock (421), Makhaya Ntini (390) and Allan Donald (330).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Goa CM Parsekar says he paid 'bribe' for land document 38 years back
- Far right FN party calls for French "Frexit" referendum on EU
- Congress seeks disqualification of MLCs who defected to TRS
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone have a gala time! SEE pic
- After Brexit victory, India says will strive to strengthen ties with UK, EU both