Melbourne: Australia`s senior batsman Mike Hussey on Wednesday declared himself completely fit for joining the team at the ongoing cricket World Cup if the selectors pick him as the much-awaited replacement for injured pacer Doug Bollinger.
Hussey, who was controversially overlooked in the initial squad owing to a hamstring injury, said he is completely injury-free now.
"I have been trying hard to take my focus away from playing in the cricket World Cup but I am over my hamstring injury and will be ready if the selectors give me the call," Hussey said.
"I am really confident of getting through Western Australia`s upcoming Sheffield Shield match against Queensland and feel I am right on track," the 35-year-old added.
The left-hander is waiting to hear from the selectors, who are still pondering over who to pick as Bollinger`s replacement.
"I`d love the chance to play in the World Cup, but I think the selectors have made the right call to wait and see how we go over the next game or two before sending someone over to replace Doug Bollinger.”
"Everyone`s going really well at the moment so there is no need to rush into that decision. Hopefully, by holding off we can get a better idea of what we might need to improve on later in the tournament," he said.
Hussey said if called back into the side, he would have no issues in settling down at the mega-event which is being co-hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
Australia have so far played two group stage matches and have won both (against Zimbabwe and New Zealand).
"As frustrating as it`s been to miss out so far at the World Cup, I still can`t help but feel like I`m part of the team back at home," Hussey told the `Fox Sports` website.
"Even though I am not over on the subcontinent, when you have been a part of a group for such a long time you still feel a strong sense of connection to the team," he said.