Hussey rested, Australia bring in Mitch Marsh for Adelaide ODI
Adelaide: Australia have decided to rest veteran batsman Mike Hussey and bring in all-rounder Mitchell Marsh for the tri-series one-dayer against India on Sunday.
The 36-year-old Hussey will be back for Australia`s next match against Sri Lanka in Sydney on February 17.
"Mr Cricket having a well earned rest. He will be back for Syd," tweeted Australian skipper Michael Clarke.
Apart from Hussey, pacemen Ben Hilfenhaus will also sit out of tomorrow`s match while uncapped batsman Peter Forrest has again been named in the squad.
The 20-year-old Marsh has played just one ODI.
Australia are unbeaten in the tri-series after beating both India and Sri Lanka in their previous two matches.
Australia`s squad for the remaining matches of the series would be announced on Monday.
Squad: Michael Clarke (capt), Dan Christian, Xavier Doherty, Peter Forrest, Ryan Harris, David Hussey, Mitchell Marsh, Clint McKay, Ricky Ponting, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok