Hussey rested, Australia bring in Mitch Marsh for Adelaide ODI
Adelaide: Australia have decided to rest veteran batsman Mike Hussey and bring in all-rounder Mitchell Marsh for the tri-series one-dayer against India on Sunday.
The 36-year-old Hussey will be back for Australia`s next match against Sri Lanka in Sydney on February 17.
"Mr Cricket having a well earned rest. He will be back for Syd," tweeted Australian skipper Michael Clarke.
Apart from Hussey, pacemen Ben Hilfenhaus will also sit out of tomorrow`s match while uncapped batsman Peter Forrest has again been named in the squad.
The 20-year-old Marsh has played just one ODI.
Australia are unbeaten in the tri-series after beating both India and Sri Lanka in their previous two matches.
Australia`s squad for the remaining matches of the series would be announced on Monday.
Squad: Michael Clarke (capt), Dan Christian, Xavier Doherty, Peter Forrest, Ryan Harris, David Hussey, Mitchell Marsh, Clint McKay, Ricky Ponting, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!