Hussey rested, Australia bring in Mitch Marsh for Adelaide ODI
Adelaide: Australia have decided to rest veteran batsman Mike Hussey and bring in all-rounder Mitchell Marsh for the tri-series one-dayer against India on Sunday.
The 36-year-old Hussey will be back for Australia`s next match against Sri Lanka in Sydney on February 17.
"Mr Cricket having a well earned rest. He will be back for Syd," tweeted Australian skipper Michael Clarke.
Apart from Hussey, pacemen Ben Hilfenhaus will also sit out of tomorrow`s match while uncapped batsman Peter Forrest has again been named in the squad.
The 20-year-old Marsh has played just one ODI.
Australia are unbeaten in the tri-series after beating both India and Sri Lanka in their previous two matches.
Australia`s squad for the remaining matches of the series would be announced on Monday.
Squad: Michael Clarke (capt), Dan Christian, Xavier Doherty, Peter Forrest, Ryan Harris, David Hussey, Mitchell Marsh, Clint McKay, Ricky Ponting, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM