Hyd score 129 for one in Plate division match against J`khand
Hyderabad: Half-centuries by openers P Akshat Reddy (61) and D B Ravi Teja (59 not out) enabled Hyderabad to post 129 runs for loss of one wicket on the rain-curtailed first day of their Ranji Trophy Plate Group B match against Jharkhand on Thursday.
Reddy`s knock, inclusive of seven fours and 105 balls, ended thanks of a brilliant piece of fielding by Rahul Mishra, whose throw found the latter short of crease.
Teja`s unbeaten 59 came in 109 balls. He hit four boundaries.
Giving him company was G H Vihari, who made eight runs in 32 balls, when stumps were drawn for the day at the Rajiv Gandhi Cricket Stadium here.
Earlier, Hyderabad won the toss and elected to bat first. Play started at 2pm due to rain and only 41 overs could be bowled on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket