Hyderabad post 341 for four on day two against J&K
Jammu: Centuries by D Ravi Teja (153 not out) and Hanuma Vihari (109) steered Hyderabad to 341 for four on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match against Jammu & Kashmir at the Gandhi Memorial Science College Ground here on Monday.
There was no play possible on the first day yesterday because of rain but once the game started today, the visitors laid a solid platform.
Put in to bat by J&K, Hyderabad got off to a good start despite losing opener TL Suman (9) cheaply.
Akshath Reddy and Ravi Teja shared a 87-run stand for the second wicket before the former fell for a well-made 49 off 87 balls with 10 hits to the fence.
Vihari joined hands with Ravi Teja and the duo punished the bowling during their 203-run stand for the third wicket.
Vihari was eventually dismissed for 109, having struck 18 fours, while Ravi Teja remained unbeaten on 153 with 17 fours and two sixes.
At stumps, Amol Shinde (4 not out) was giving Ravi Teja company at the other end.
Hyderabad 1st innings: 341 for four in 84 overs (D Ravi Teja batting 153, Hanuma Vihari 109) v Jammu & Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened