Hyderabad post 341 for four on day two against J&K
Jammu: Centuries by D Ravi Teja (153 not out) and Hanuma Vihari (109) steered Hyderabad to 341 for four on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match against Jammu & Kashmir at the Gandhi Memorial Science College Ground here on Monday.
There was no play possible on the first day yesterday because of rain but once the game started today, the visitors laid a solid platform.
Put in to bat by J&K, Hyderabad got off to a good start despite losing opener TL Suman (9) cheaply.
Akshath Reddy and Ravi Teja shared a 87-run stand for the second wicket before the former fell for a well-made 49 off 87 balls with 10 hits to the fence.
Vihari joined hands with Ravi Teja and the duo punished the bowling during their 203-run stand for the third wicket.
Vihari was eventually dismissed for 109, having struck 18 fours, while Ravi Teja remained unbeaten on 153 with 17 fours and two sixes.
At stumps, Amol Shinde (4 not out) was giving Ravi Teja company at the other end.
Hyderabad 1st innings: 341 for four in 84 overs (D Ravi Teja batting 153, Hanuma Vihari 109) v Jammu & Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results declared
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced
- Islamic State hit by 150 US-led air strikes near Syria`s Raqa: Monitor
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you