I am innocent and haven`t got justice, says Srivastava
Kanpur: Tainted Uttar Pradesh paceman Shalabh Srivastava feels he hasn`t got "justice" after the BCCI slapped a five-year ban which means that his career is "as good as over."
"I still maintain that I am innocent and I have not got justice. When I spoke to BCCI officials, I told them that I have never been involved in any match-fixing. I told them that I haven`t even played in this year`s IPL and I thought I would get proper justice and won`t be punished as I am innocent," an upset Srivastava told a news agency from Shirdi, where he has gone with his family to seek blessings of Sai Baba.
The 30-year-old is feeling very low after being handed out a harsh punishment as it means that his career is as good as over and he hasn`t given a thought about appealing against the ban.
"I don`t know what to do now that I have been banned for five years. May be some sort of divine intervention would help me and that`s why I have come with family to seek Sai Baba`s blessings," Srivastava added.
The former India U-19 pacer still can`t understand that how it was concluded that he has negotiated in trying to fix an IPL match.
"Since I had knee injury, I was in Lucknow going through recuperation process. How can I negotiate with someone and promise him to fix matches and bowl no-balls?" he questioned.
But Srivastava did admit that it was a "huge mistake to befriend unknown people. But I never had any discussions on match-fixing with them."
Srivastava has played 41 first-class matches and has taken 130 wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27