I am no proxy for Srinivasan: Dalmiya
New Delhi: BCCI Working Group chief Jagmohan Dalmiya on Monday rubbished talks of he being a proxy of N Sinivasan, who stepped aside as Board President, without any power as "wishful thinking", saying that his actions would show the real picture.
Asked about criticism by detractors that he would be Srinivasan`s proxy, Dalmiya said, "That is probably a wishful thinking. I will show what it is."
He said Sanjay Jagdale has refused to withdraw his resignation from the post of secretary but Ajay Shirke could not be contacted after giving one day`s time whether he would take back his resignation for the post of treasurer or not.
"As far as Jagdale is concerned, he has told us that he does not want to continue as secretary. But we have not been able to communicate with Shirke so far. We are hoping that we would be able to get a reply from him by tomorrow. We will wait till tomorrow," he said.
Asked whether he had powers to appoint a new secretary or treasurer, Dalmiya said, "That is what my understanding is. Whether (that power) available or not you will come know tomorrow. I think I have been given adequate powers by the Board (in Working Committee meeting).
"But I am not concerned about whether I have powers or not. My concern is that I want to do my duty," he said.
Asked if he intends to stay put for long, Dalmiya said, "I will be happy if I can serve cricket. That is enough for me. I don`t have any wishful thinking."
He said describing yesterday`s Working Committee meeting in Chennai as "sham" or "pre-planned" was too harsh and uncalled for.
"These opinions are too harsh. I don`t subscribe to these. Undoubtedly, it`s a difficult time for Indian cricket. But to call the meeting like that was too harsh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened