I am not even 32 and can play all formats: Yuvraj Singh
Greater Noida: India discard Yuvraj Singh on Saturday declared that he is young enough to fit into the Indian team across all three formats in the coming days and is working hard to make a comeback into the national side.
"I am going to be 32 and I believe that I can still play in all the formats. I have had a good training during off-season and eagerly waiting for the domestic season to start. I have been training very hard and would now like to play a few local tournament before the first-class season begins. I am really confident of making a comeback," Yuvraj told mediapersons during the inauguration of his new academy.
Yuvraj seemed happy that a lot of youngsters have been getting chance to play for India of late.
"It`s a great thing that youngsters are getting a lot of chances and they should utilize that too the fullest."
With India having a busy schedule with assignments to play all three formats, Yuvraj feels that pacers like Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma should be rotated so that they remain free from injuries.
"We have some good pace bowlers in Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma. Varun Aaron is also a good prospect. I believe that since we are playing in all three formats, these bowlers should be rotated and given enough rest."
After opening another branch of the `Yuvraj Singh Centre of Excellence`, the stylish left-hander stressed on the importance of having state-of-the-art academy for the budding cricketers.
"I didn`t have all the modern facilities under one roof when I was training to become a cricketer. I would practise at one place, then head off to a gymnasium located at another part of the city and then go for a swimming session. Nowadays proper training is very important and kids should get the facilities under one roof."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India