I am not taking charge of BCCI: N Srinivasan
Chennai: Narayanaswami Srinivasan, elected unopposed Sunday as president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for a third year, said he was not taking charge as per the directions of the Supreme Court.
"Leave me alone ... I don`t want to comment anything today," Srinivasan told IANS after the BCCI Annual General Meeting (AGM) here where he won re-election as board chief.
Srinivasan categorically said he was not taking charge of the BCCI as per the instructions of the Supreme Court but has asked other office bearers to do so.
"I have won unopposed but I am not taking charge. I have asked the new office bearers to take charge. I am awaiting the Supreme Court order. There are lot of things on me now," said Srinivasan.
Srinivasan was the lone presidential candidate put forward by the South Zone, from where he got the proposer and the seconder.
The Supreme Court Friday allowed the BCCI to go ahead with Sunday`s AGM and the elections but restrained Srinivasan from taking charge even if he got re-elected.
Srinivasan can only take charge after the Supreme Court rules on a petition filed by Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB) secretary Aditya Verma. The apex court will hear the case Monday.
CAB, which is not recognised by the BCCI, had moved the Supreme Court last Monday seeking to restrain Srinivasan from getting re-elected for a third term on the ground that his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan is facing a probe on the allegations of betting in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Srinivasan`s name also figures among those charged by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in a corruption case involving YSR Congress party chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India