I didn’t discuss anything with Sachin Tendulkar: Sandeep Patil
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil has dismissed media reports that claimed he met with Sachin Tendulkar to discuss about his future.
"It's always a pleasure to meet Sachin, but I have not met him for the last 10 months. I have not called him, neither has he called me. We have not discussed anything, It's all non-sense," Patil said.
Media reports have suggested that Tendulkar has been told by chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil that his performance will be taken into account for decision regarding his selection in the national team.
This has led to speculations that Tendulkar’s 200th Test against West Indies could be his final game for Team India.
Tendulkar has appeared in 198 Tests, the most by any cricketer in the game's history, notching up a mind-boggling 51 hundreds in the longest form of the game.
Tendulkar has already retired from ODIs.
The 40-year-old batting great, who has scored close to 16000 runs in Tests, has had a lean run especially as per his standards over the last couple of years.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday