I didn’t discuss anything with Sachin Tendulkar: Sandeep Patil
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil has dismissed media reports that claimed he met with Sachin Tendulkar to discuss about his future.
"It's always a pleasure to meet Sachin, but I have not met him for the last 10 months. I have not called him, neither has he called me. We have not discussed anything, It's all non-sense," Patil said.
Media reports have suggested that Tendulkar has been told by chairman of selectors Sandeep Patil that his performance will be taken into account for decision regarding his selection in the national team.
This has led to speculations that Tendulkar’s 200th Test against West Indies could be his final game for Team India.
Tendulkar has appeared in 198 Tests, the most by any cricketer in the game's history, notching up a mind-boggling 51 hundreds in the longest form of the game.
Tendulkar has already retired from ODIs.
The 40-year-old batting great, who has scored close to 16000 runs in Tests, has had a lean run especially as per his standards over the last couple of years.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Over 90% of 4.75 lakh candidates appear in NEET II exam
- GM re-evaluates India investment, new car platform on hold
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition