I feel very let down by Sangakkara, Jayawardene: Jayasuriya
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket chief selector Sanath Jayasuriya has expressed disappointment at not being kept in the loop as far as the retirement plans of Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene from T20 Internationals were concerned.
"I feel very let down by them. I`ve been very transparent with them. If they`re even resting, I`ve been calling them and telling them what`s going on. I never ever dealt controversially with any senior player," Jayasuriya was quoted as saying by a leading cricket website.
Both Sangakkara and Jayawardene made their retirement plans public over the last couple of days. Just before departing to the World T20, Sangakkara had told a daily that he would quit T20 internationals, while Jayawardene announced his retirement via the ICC`s Twitter Mirror campaign, after the team touched down in Bangladesh.
"When I became a selector there were a lot of stories and comments in the media, that we were going to do this and that, but we didn`t do anything of that sort. "I`ve always handled the seniors in a different way. Whatever respect should be given to that senior player has been given, as a selection panel."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?