I had no discussions with Lorgat on SA tour: BCCI secy Patel
New Delhi: The BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel today termed his meeting with Cricket South Africa (CSA) CEO Haroon Lorgat as a "cordial one" but at the same time said that there were "no discussions" about India`s tour to South Africa at the end of the year.
"I had a very cordial meeting with Mr Lorgat (in Dubai). I assured him that BCCI still shares a very good and friendly relationship with Cricket South Africa as it has been the case for the past 22 years. But any discussion on the South Africa series will only happen after BCCI AGM on September 29," Patel told PTI on Tuesday.
Patel was categorical in pointing out that there was no discussion whatsoever on the length of the series.
"Let me clarify, there was absolutely no discussion on India`s tour to South Africa, so the duration and the number of matches do not arise. Any discussion in that regard will be taken by the president of the two boards (BCCI and CSA) when they meet post Chennai AGM," Patel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country