I had no discussions with Lorgat on SA tour: BCCI secy Patel
New Delhi: The BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel today termed his meeting with Cricket South Africa (CSA) CEO Haroon Lorgat as a "cordial one" but at the same time said that there were "no discussions" about India`s tour to South Africa at the end of the year.
"I had a very cordial meeting with Mr Lorgat (in Dubai). I assured him that BCCI still shares a very good and friendly relationship with Cricket South Africa as it has been the case for the past 22 years. But any discussion on the South Africa series will only happen after BCCI AGM on September 29," Patel told PTI on Tuesday.
Patel was categorical in pointing out that there was no discussion whatsoever on the length of the series.
"Let me clarify, there was absolutely no discussion on India`s tour to South Africa, so the duration and the number of matches do not arise. Any discussion in that regard will be taken by the president of the two boards (BCCI and CSA) when they meet post Chennai AGM," Patel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women