I have already submitted report to ex-MCA chief: Shetty
Mumbai: Top BCCI official Ratnakar Shetty today said he had submitted a report to former Mumbai Cricket Association President, late Vilasrao Deshmukh, explaining the reasons for the 405 unsold tickets at World Cup 2011 final.
"It is understandable (that they are inquiring this matter) because the stadium was full but some tickets were unsold. One of the reason for the stadium being full is that there were 5,000 accreditations with volunteers and officials, apart from policemen, who were present. On the 405 tickets unsold, I had submitted a report to Vilasrao Deshmukh on why these tickets were unsold. I have now informed the committee (about the same)," Shetty told reporters here.
He added that the inquiry would be good for the association, as they can put forth the problems.
"They can discuss about the problems and the steps to solve them like the distribution of complimentaries and tickets. What should be the procedure. I think it is good for the association," he said.
Over 400 tickets of the India-Sri Lanka final, won by the hosts, were left unsold though `sold out` notice boards had been put up at the ticket counters, which had prompted MCA to form the four-member special committee to look into the issue.
MCA had summoned Ratnakar Shetty, a former MCA vice-president and treasurer, along with former joint secretary Lalchand Rajput, current managing committee member Ganesh Iyer, former managing committee member Shripad Halbe and Pradeep Zaveri, to appear before the four-member inquiry panel.
MCA treasurer Mayank Khandwala, who is the convener of the meeting, said the meeting was just a fact finding process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried