I have learnt the art of captaincy from Warne, says Tanvir
Lahore: After leading Rawalpindi Rams to title beating Karachi Dolphins in the inaugural Super-8s Twenty20 championship, discarded all-rounder Sohail Tanvir attributed his success to the subtle nuances of captaincy he picked up from Shane Warne during his stint at Rajasthan Royals in IPL-I.
"My time with Rajasthan Royals and playing under Warne helped me learn a lot off things about how to handle available resources and man management and how to take a calculated risk at the right time," Tanvir said.
The lanky left-arm pacer who also led Pakistan A to a 3-0 win over the Afghanistan recently said playing under Warne had helped him a lot.
"The biggest lesson I learnt from Warne was that a captain must have the courage to take tough decisions. The decision to have left-arm spinner Hasan Raza bowl the Super over instead of myself was a result of those lessons," Tanvir added.
He said like Warne he had also learnt to have lot of faith in his players and give them constant confidence.
"I learnt from Warne that a team is like a family and you need to give them confidence and trust them and also spot special qualities in individual players in the team," he stated.
Tanvir said he was happy his players repaid the confidence he had in them.
"Beating the stronger teams to win the title is a satisfying feeling even now and I am sure my performances will help me get back into the national team for the Zimbabwe tour," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why