I have learnt to control my aggression: Kohli
New Delhi: Star batsman Virat Kohli feels that he has been successful in controlling his aggressive temperament on the field over the past one year.
"I will be 25 in a month`s time and I believe that I have been able to control my aggression a lot. As I am getting more mature, I am also improving on that front," Kohli told reporters after being unveiled as the brand ambassador of the Border Security Force at a function here on Sunday.
"I believe that I have started taking better decisions in important (match) situations. My on-field discipline has improved a lot.
"Now that I have also been entrusted with the responsibility of being the brand ambassador of BSF, I believe my responsibility as a cricketer also increases. Obviously, at a personal level the effort to control my aggression is on," said Kohli, who has just started his training for the upcoming season which will commence with him leading Delhi in the Challenger Trophy.
"After finishing some of my personal commitments it has been a week that I have started practicing. I hope to do well in the next season and I am feeling fresh," he said.
With the limited overs series against Australia starting in a couple of weeks time, Kohli was asked to name an opponent he always hate to lose, and he promptly replied: "I don`t like losing to any opponent, be it Pakistan, Australia or Sri Lanka."
Kohli also paid rich tribute to the BSF personnel.
"I believe that we as cricketers serve the country at a micro level, but our real heroes are the men from the BSF. We feel safe in our country because of them," he said.
"This association with the BSF family will give me an opportunity to visit various BSF units across the borders of our country where I would like to interact with the jawans. I would like to ask them how they are able to stay away from their family for so long and serve the nation."
Minister of State for Home R P N Singh informed that like Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who have been designated with honorary ranks by the Indian Air Force, the BSF is also working on a plan to designate Kohli with an honorary rank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’