I have never seen an Indian side fight: Dhoni
Perth: Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit back at the Australian media for writing about "disharmony" in the Indian dressing room and a rift between him and vice-captain Virender Sehwag, saying he was proud of the dressing room atmosphere and team spirit.
"I have never seen an Indian side fight. May be this happens after a few beers, sitting with the opposition and just dreaming about it. This is one thing we are really proud of," he told reporters ahead of the third Test against Australia starting here tomorrow.
"The dressing room atmosphere is great and how we love each others` success. This is Indian team`s strength and this is something we are looking to improve further," he added.
Sehwag himself and his senior team-mate Rahul Dravid had yesterday rubbished the reports of infighting among the players and rift in the team.
Australian media reports had said that Sehwag was at loggerheads with Dhoni and that some players in the team are backing the former to take over captaincy.
Dhoni said he got inputs from all the players, senior or youngsters, and there was no point sulking over the poor performance of the team.
"I get information and advice from all, from experienced guys, vice-captain and youngsters who all move in same direction. It does hurt a bit (when losing) but being a sport you want to improve and make a comeback," said Dhoni.
"You don`t want to be emotional about it, try and sit on a chair and say it`s really not going our way," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi
- Fresh clashes in Kashmir; one youth killed in firing, death toll rises to 45
- Meher Malik is driving internet crazy with her terrific belly moves on 'Game of Thrones' theme song!- Watch