I have never seen an Indian side fight: Dhoni
Perth: Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit back at the Australian media for writing about "disharmony" in the Indian dressing room and a rift between him and vice-captain Virender Sehwag, saying he was proud of the dressing room atmosphere and team spirit.
"I have never seen an Indian side fight. May be this happens after a few beers, sitting with the opposition and just dreaming about it. This is one thing we are really proud of," he told reporters ahead of the third Test against Australia starting here tomorrow.
"The dressing room atmosphere is great and how we love each others` success. This is Indian team`s strength and this is something we are looking to improve further," he added.
Sehwag himself and his senior team-mate Rahul Dravid had yesterday rubbished the reports of infighting among the players and rift in the team.
Australian media reports had said that Sehwag was at loggerheads with Dhoni and that some players in the team are backing the former to take over captaincy.
Dhoni said he got inputs from all the players, senior or youngsters, and there was no point sulking over the poor performance of the team.
"I get information and advice from all, from experienced guys, vice-captain and youngsters who all move in same direction. It does hurt a bit (when losing) but being a sport you want to improve and make a comeback," said Dhoni.
"You don`t want to be emotional about it, try and sit on a chair and say it`s really not going our way," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon