I have not mis-led selectors: Razzaq
Lahore: Pakistan`s senior all-rounder Abdul Razzaq has said that he has not misled any one including the national selectors or the cricket board to play in the ongoing Bangladesh cricket league.
"I have read that I told the selectors I was not fit to bowl and not to consider me for the one-day series against England. This is not correct," Razzaq said from Chittagong .
"The fact is that I had informed the selectors and the Chairman of the board that I was not 100 percent fit to play one-day internationals that is why I had chosen to go and play in the T20 matches in the Bangladesh league," he said.
"In ODIs if I had played I would have been expected to bowl around 7 to 10 overs but in the BPL I have bowled hardly 12 to 14 overs in six matches because I am still not 100 percent fit," he said.
Razzaq said that he had gone to play in Bangladesh after getting clearance from the board and had not misled anyone.
"I told them the truth about my fitness which is now slowly getting better," he added.
Razzaq said he had always given priority to playing for the national team in the past as well and rejected lucrative offers to play in foreign leagues.
"Pakistan has given me everything. But the fact is that the national selectors and management has also at times not been fair with me. I have played 265 one-dayers and 46 tests but they were many occasions when I was not given a settled role in the team or in batting and that affected my performances," he added.
Razzaq who has turned out for the Rajshahi team in the BPL has done well with bat and bowl after last playing for Pakistan in the one-day series against Sri Lanka in the UAE last year.
The PCB has indicated that he would be getting a new central contract when the revised contracts are announced next month for the year 2012.
The all-rounder said he would only make himself available for the Asia Cup after assessing his fitness after returning home from Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark