I have valid NOC to play in Dhaka League: Yousuf
Karachi: Pakistan`s former captain and senior batsman Mohammad Yousuf on Sunday asserted that he has a valid No Objection Certificate to play in the Dhaka League, putting to rest the confusion that was created by some of his own statements.
Yousuf was reportedly being investigated by the Bangladesh intelligence agencies for allegedly submitting a fake clearance letter to play in the Dhaka league.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board apparently handed over the matter to the intelligence agencies after Yousuf appeared for the Victoria Sporting Club in the league against Abhani club on March 28.
Abhani had claimed that the NOC, submitted by Yousuf on behalf of his previous Mohammedan Club, was fake and fraud but the senior batsman denied this.
"The quote has created some misunderstanding as it gave an impression that Victoria gave me the clearance without the consent of my previous club Mohammedan. In fact I was given the NOC by Mr Lutfur Rahman Badal when I was playing for Mohammedan," Yousuf said in a statement.
"Mr Badal was the then cricket committee chairman of Mohammedan but now he is the chairman of Victoria`s Governing body. I hope it will remove any confusion that was created by my comments," he added.
Yousuf had earlier stated that he had no role to play in the whole issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead