I hope to be more consistent, says Pollard
Chennai: A maiden international ton under his belt, albeit in a losing cause, explosive West Indies batsman Kieron Pollard said he would strive for more consistency from now on.
"I hope that I am more consistent. Thank God, I got my maiden hundred. Wanted the team to win. Didn`t happen today. Just have to go back and reflect on what went wrong. First couple of games were really close," Pollard told reporters after West Indies` 34-run loss in the fifth and final ODI against India.
West Indies lost the series 1-4, doing well only in flashes throughout.
"Hopefully, we`ll take a couple of months off international cricket and reflect and come back strong for Australia," Pollard said.
Asked how important this knock has been, he replied, "It is a significant hundred. I was looking for a different approach after I have had a couple of starts in the earlier matches. Thank God, one of the best fielders (Kohli) in India dropped me on 99 tonight."
"Hopefully, I will learn from this innings and do well for West Indies in future also."
Pollard didn`t seem to be too perturbed at being classified as a Twenty20 player.
"Everybody has an opinion. As far as I am concerned, I feel that when I go back to my room I should know that I have given my hundred percent. I can be harsh with myself, if I`ve played a bad shot. But at the end of the day, what people have to say are just opinions."
Pollard said that West Indies not being able to win close games is just a mental block.
"It`s just a mental aspect or killer instinct. Past West Indian sides had it, then the Aussies had it and now India is doing really well. Hopefully, we`ll be better equipped mentally to handle close matches in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days