I hope to be more consistent, says Pollard
Chennai: A maiden international ton under his belt, albeit in a losing cause, explosive West Indies batsman Kieron Pollard said he would strive for more consistency from now on.
"I hope that I am more consistent. Thank God, I got my maiden hundred. Wanted the team to win. Didn`t happen today. Just have to go back and reflect on what went wrong. First couple of games were really close," Pollard told reporters after West Indies` 34-run loss in the fifth and final ODI against India.
West Indies lost the series 1-4, doing well only in flashes throughout.
"Hopefully, we`ll take a couple of months off international cricket and reflect and come back strong for Australia," Pollard said.
Asked how important this knock has been, he replied, "It is a significant hundred. I was looking for a different approach after I have had a couple of starts in the earlier matches. Thank God, one of the best fielders (Kohli) in India dropped me on 99 tonight."
"Hopefully, I will learn from this innings and do well for West Indies in future also."
Pollard didn`t seem to be too perturbed at being classified as a Twenty20 player.
"Everybody has an opinion. As far as I am concerned, I feel that when I go back to my room I should know that I have given my hundred percent. I can be harsh with myself, if I`ve played a bad shot. But at the end of the day, what people have to say are just opinions."
Pollard said that West Indies not being able to win close games is just a mental block.
"It`s just a mental aspect or killer instinct. Past West Indian sides had it, then the Aussies had it and now India is doing really well. Hopefully, we`ll be better equipped mentally to handle close matches in the future."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi